The Evolution of Western Individualism, Part I of II


A sincere thank you to those who attended O&I on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 for my presentation, The Evolution of Western Individualism, Part I, ”From the East African Rift to Silicon Valley.” For those who missed it a PowerPoint version is here. A PDF copy of the slideshow is here.

A key part of the meeting was an individualism-collectivism measure and an accompanying graph I developed. This may be seen below (click on image) or downloaded in higher resolution as an Excel spreadsheet here. Any comments or questions you may have about the slideshow or the measure and graph are welcome.



Regrettably, I ran over my allotted time presenting Part I and did not allow enough opportunity for discussion. I will be sure to allow plenty of discussion time during Part II, “Individualism in the 20th and 21st Centuries – A Closer Look.”

O&I CALENDAR
November 13 – No Meeting
November 27 – No Meeting

Dec 11 - Individualism, Part II by Jim Lassiter
Dec 25 – No Meeting

Jan 08 – Little Known Facts About Gardening by Steve Yothment
Jan 22 – TBD

}:> ~:)

Comments